Although the past decade has seen the atopic dermatitis market remain relatively unchanged and a saturated, highly genericized arena, the coming decade could see the launch of the first biologic, which will set a precedent and pave the way for others to follow suit.
By the mid-to-late term of GlobalData’s 2014 to 2024 forecast, Sanofi/Regeneron’s dupilumab is expected to reshape the adult moderate and severe treatment landscape and to slowly enter the market for younger patients with milder forms of the disease.
Other events that are expected to invoke change to the previously stagnant atopic dermatitis market include the launch of a non-steroidal topical from Anacor, AN2728, generic erosion of branded topicals Protopic and Elidel in the US.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/pharmapoint-atopic-dermatitis-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2024
Exciting times lay ahead for the atopic dermatitis marketplace, as the above events are due to occur against the backdrop of increasing research into the multiple etiologies that give rise to the disease. With existing unmet need for a better treatment armamentarium for severe, recalcitrant patients and an estimated drug-treated population that hovers around the 110 million mark over the next decade, atopic dermatitis represents an attractive dermatology sector for drug developers, and this should fuel commercial interest into this marketplace.
Key Questions Answered
– How will the atopic dermatitis market (sales and patient numbers) evolve over the 10-year forecast period from 2014 to 2024?
– Which brands and specific drug classes did physicians select for their atopic dermatitis patients in 2014 and how do they foresee their prescribing behavior evolving over the next five years?
– How will the launch of late-stage pipeline therapies such as dupilumab and AN2728 shape the future treatment landscape?
– What are the remaining unmet needs and opportunities for drug developers within the atopic dermatitis market?
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/healthcare-market
– The main drivers of growth in the atopic dermatitis over the 2014-2024 forecast period include the launch of the first biologic; Sanofi/Regeneron’s dupilumab, and continued uptake of calcineurin inhibitors of systemic therapies.
– Owing to high genericization, no distinct trends in corporate strategy exist within the atopic dermatitis market. However, over the coming decade, the introduction of biologics, in particular interleukin (IL) inhibitors, will emerge as a key future strategy for this marketplace.
– High unmet need exists for a better treatment armamentarium for severe, recalcitrant patients. This patient segment remains underserved as physicians have few to no pharmacological options following treatment failure with or intolerability to cyclosporine, and as a result physicians often resort to prescribing off-label therapies.
– Although dupilumab is forecast to gain a foothold in the severe population by late-forecast, it will not completely eradicate the high unmet need within the refractory group in the severe patient segment. There will still be a gap for other novel systemics, as dermatologists stress a desire for more than one treatment option to be added to their armamentarium.
Blog URL: http://www.mobilecomputingtoday.co.uk/
– Overview of atopic dermatitis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment options.
– Annualized atopic dermatitis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 to 2024.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the atopic dermatitis therapeutics markets.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of mid-to-late stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global atopic dermatitis therapeutics markets. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports