GlobalData estimates the 2014 sales for the benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapeutics market at approximately $2 billion across the 7MM (US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan). The US contributed a significant majority of these sales, generating an estimated $1.15 billion over the forecast period, ending in 2024. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia therapeutics sales in the 7MM are expected to grow to $4.5 billion at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.23%. The majority of sales in the 7MM in 2024 will come from the US, which will represent 65% of the market; with sales in the 5EU corresponding to 24%, while the remaining 12% in sales is attributable to Japan. The major driver for this growth across the 7MM will be the launch of NX-1207, a direct prostatic injection, which represents a first-in-class therapy for the treatment of moderate-to- severe BPH.
Key Questions Answered
– Overall, the greatest unmet need in the BPH space is the issue with hard to treat symptoms such as nocturia and the presence of sexual adverse effects that are common with BPH medications. There are other prominent unmet needs highlighted by the Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). What are these? Will the pipeline drugs fulfil these unmet needs of the market?
– The 10-year forecast period will mark the launch of three pipeline BPH drugs. How will the sales of the existing drugs be impacted? Which of the pipeline drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
– Four BPH therapies will face patent expiration during the forecast period resulting in a therapy area dominated by generics. How will this affect the market size? How will pharmaceutical companies be affected and how can they hope to profit in this environment?
– The major driver for growth in the BPH market during the forecast period will be the launch of three pipeline therapies which each represent an improvement over currently available medications in their own right. KOLs believe that the launch of NX-1207, PRX302 and Vesomni will considerably change the treatment algorithm for patients with BPH.
– There are substantial unmet needs in the BPH area which need to be addressed. Targeting any of these unmet needs represents significant opportunities for investment in the area.
– KOLs believe that BPH is an underappreciated disease and that there is the potential for momentous growth in the field.
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/pharmaceutical-market
– Overview of BPH, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized BPH therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the BPH therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global BPH therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662