Our hair is one of our most valuable assets … That’s why it’s so important to take good care of them. One of our favorite allies is, of course, the hair dryer. With the new technologies that are constantly emerging, choosing a hair dryer is much more fun than before, but also a lot less easy. Indeed, given the number of brands and models that exist on the market, it is not always obvious. It will be necessary to inform you and take into account all your needs, especially if you bet on a high-end model and therefore more expensive. Believe us, it’s hard to resist when you see everything they can. Device differences are slim but can be decisive in your purchase. On each hair dryer, you will find some similar characteristics regarding the power, the number of speeds, temperatures, cold air and the number and type of concentrators. When it comes to design, price, having a standard or rather an innovative function, this is where things change and we are here to enlighten you.
Best Hair Dryers by Top Brands
- Damage Protection Hair Dryer for Shiny, Healthy Hair
- 3X More Protection* with Advanced Coating Technology
- Compact and lightweight design, perfect for travel
- 2 heat/speed settings for drying and styling flexibility and control
- The Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer creates less frizz and more shine with Ionic Technology
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology provides uniform heat for fast drying and helps reduce heat damage
- Original REVLON One Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush has NEW Features
- The same Brush designed with Nylon Pin & Tufted Bristles for detangling, improved volume and control. Unique...
- INFRARED HEAT TECHNOLOGY for maximum shine, softness and control
- Tourmaline IONIC TECHNOLOGY reduces frizz and enhances shine
- Dry your hair like a pro with the Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Hair Dryer. With...
- Ionic technology for smooth, shiny-looking hair and up to 75% less frizz - and - Ceramic Technology provides...
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine. Air temperature is measured 20 times every second,...
- Ultra-fast drying. For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow. Rated power- 1600w
- Instant cool shot button
- Instant cool shot button.
- ★ ULTRA POWERFUL - With an AC motor and 1875 W, this professional Blower dryer will dry your hair faster...
- ★ NEGATIVE IONIC TECHNOLOGY - It can reduce frizz and enhance shine, make your hair smooth and healthy.
- 【Powerful DC Motor】Long Last High-quality DC Motor, less noisy, light weight and extra powerful, Helps...
- 【Ionic Technology】Effectively smooth hair and lock in moisture, protecting against heat damage. Helps to...
- The Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer features Tourmaline Ceramic Technology which helps prevent heat...
- Powerful high-torque DC motor dries hair fast , 5.5 foot power cord
- Turbo airflow button for instant increase airflow for faster drying
- 3X Ceramic Coating for less damage
How to choose a hair dryer?
Now that the hairdryer is part of our daily lives, do you think it’s easy to choose one? Think again! Hairdryers are nowadays among the best-selling beauty appliances in the world and with the plethora of brands and models circulating on the market, it becomes more and more difficult to make an informed choice.
It must be said that in addition to the basic criteria used in the selection of a hair dryer – weight, power, accessories – there are from now on more technical characteristics to take into account: different technologies put forward by the device, ergonomics, ease of use but also design.
It will also be imperative that you consider the nature of your hair for optimal results. Professional guide in the purchase of hair dryer, our website Dry Hair.org will guide you throughout your readings. We will start with a quick overview of the best hair dryer and then you will reveal all the criteria to consider to make a winning investment.
Factors to consider before buying
Beyond the price (if you have a small budget you can find these models), the power and temperature are the two main elements you must consider, but you will have to do it with intelligence. The important thing is not that the device is ultra-powerful: it requires power adapted to your hair and that does not cause them any damage. We must find the middle ground, knowing that a medium power will protect your scalp even if the drying time is likely to be extended.
Another important thing: the accessories. It is always interesting that your hair dryer comes with tips. There are nozzles to blow dry and increase the volume of your hair but also diffusers that can smooth them while drying the hair to the root. The diffusers, in particular, are a key accessory, that is why we detail you the best of the market in our dedicated guide.
The third point to watch is that of the technologies developed by the manufacturer. We recommend ionic dryers, which help to stop the static electricity and its less traumatic for your beautiful mane. We have also made a large selection that you can find on this page. In addition, you should turn to ceramic ionic dryers and / or tourmaline: ceramic retains heat, while tourmaline is very effective against static electricity.
Finally, even if it is only optional, support for hair dryer or “hairdryer door” is always a welcome addition. Beyond being really practical, it is sometimes elegant and especially it avoids to wind/tangle systematically the power cable (at the risk of damaging it over time). Find all our advice on this subject here.
If you are also a hotel owner, guest house, swimming pool … you have every interest in preferring a fixed model. The wall hairdryer is indeed a perfect solution, efficient and secure, to improve the comfort of your customers.
The benefits of hair dryers
The main function of hair dryers is to dry your hair, of course. Nevertheless, before the last half of the 2000s, few devices were able to do this effectively. Hairdryers built after 2009 have led to incredible advances in technology: the introduction of a ” Cool Air” design, “Turbo Boost” mode and Ionic drying technology now guarantee results. optimal. Modern hairdryers have now gone beyond their original function and have become hair machines in their own right. They allow you to blow dry and create loops effectively for a shiny and natural look.
Some recommendations for use
Because a good hair dryer will not deliver the desired results if it is misused, we think it is necessary to remember some basic principles of use:
- Dry your hair well with a towel before using the hairdryer.
- Avoid too much heat and prolonged drying beyond 15 minutes.
- Do not use the top speed if you have curly or curly hair.
- Use styling mousse beforehand because it allows a very natural result.
- To avoid hair that is too dry, use nourishing and repairing masks.
The history of the hair dryer
Do you know who invented the hair dryer? This is a question that does not come to mind spontaneously while it is a device that is used very regularly. And yet, the answer is very interesting! There are three French who are at the origin of this product. First, in 1886, the hairdresser Alexandre Godefroy invented a cap connected by a pipe to a gas stove, which projected hot air to dry the hair.
Forty years later, in 1926, Léo Trouilhet, engineer and founder of Calor, invented a manual mode called the “electric shower with hot air and cold air”. It was not until the 50s that Jean Mantelet, engineer and founder of Moulinex, gives the hair dryer the shape we know today, inspired by electric drills. Finally, the electric hair dryer is developed by the engine manufacturer Bertrand still in the 50s and is only intended for professionals in the hairdressing. Today, from Philips to GHD through less well-known brands, manufacturers redouble ingenuity to win in this market. And if the evolutions are not always noticeable, the hairdryer is nonetheless a product in permanent transformation!