Salt-free water softeners are an efficient option for all households who wish to get rid of the inconvenience caused by the presence of limestone in tap water. Technological advances in water treatment are now numerous and easy to access. Many of them offer non-aggressive solutions for the environment. More ecological than ever, these tools prioritize performance and practicality. It’s up to you to find the one that’s right for you in our comparison.
It is not easy for a novice to choose which salt-free water softener to use at home. Many find it difficult to find the ideal device that suits their needs. In addition, to sort through various references when you are not a connoisseur is to go forward blindly. We must think of highlighting each of the selection criteria in order to clearly define the real need. The types of filters act on different positions.
The salt-free water softener acts directly on tap water. Using it is essential for the purpose of preserving the individual from the harmful effects caused by the presence of limestone in everyday water. Indeed, this product contributes significantly to harm our body after several years of consumption. It remains harmful to our skin and acts concretely on our scalp. In the long run, it damages our immune system and makes us vulnerable to various pathologies. Thus, it is essential to eliminate as much as possible the presence of limestone in the water we consume.
The water softener without salt is translated into a water filter. It improves the quality of water with its water purifier devices. He also holds other functions such as water treatment and refinement. The use of such equipment prevents the accumulation of calcareous scale in the water evacuation, pipe pipes and especially in the tiles. Thus, by means of the softener, we will have no trouble to have a healthy mineral source and purified.
The right device depends on the user. A salt-free softener does not use chemicals to remove scale deposits in the water. It is a completely ecological and natural product that manages to preserve essential minerals in water such as magnesium and calcium. It is suitable for sensitive people, children and the elderly. Manual equipment requires much more maintenance. But if you opt for the automatic system that is completely autonomous, there is no need for monitoring, frequent cleaning or constant repair. The household would immediately benefit from a clean and healthy mineral source.
Best Salt-free Water Softeners by Top Brands
- 12 month 100% "no quibble" Money-Back Guarantee + Lifetime Repair or Replace warranty.
- Easy customer installation on metal or plastic pipes. Helps prevent build-up of lime scale and dissolve...
- PSC1-Gen4, Salt Free Water Softener, BPA FREE, NSF Certification, Wall Bracket Included, Compact Design,...
- Solves hard water problems without the need for chemicals, salt, or maintenance, while keeping healthy...
- Descales your entire water system and prevents scale buildup in pipes. Reduces energy consumption with an...
- CERTIFICATIONS: The scale reducing media has been tested and certified to NSF/ANSI 61 for health effects
- QUALITY FILTRATION: Reduces costly damage to your home's piping and appliances
- - PATENTED ORIGINAL: Keep lime build-up at bay with the original electronic descaler. Don't settle for...
- - SUPERIOR LIMESCALE CONTROL: No more clogged appliances; no more cloudy dishes. water) gradually removes...
- PREVENT SCALE BUILDUP: If you live in an area with hard water and want to prevent your pipes from being...
- ENHANCE QUALITY OF WATER: This electronic water softener provides you with an affordable and efficient way to...
- Designed for 3-6 bathrooms homes with 15 gallons/minute flow rate, FUTURA-15 effectively prevents scale...
- Easy to install and lasting for years, this maintenance-free system does not require electricity, backwash,...
- ONEFLOW+ WATER FILTRATION: The OneFlow+ System uses Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) rated most...
- ONEFLOW+ PERFORMANCE: Reduces scale build-up in water heating devices, pipes, and on fixtures; improving...
- Aquasana Premium Rhino removes 97% of chlorine for up to 1,000,000 gallons .
- Salt-Free Water Conditioner - reduce scale build-up on internal pipes and plumbing without the use of salt
- ¡ïSalt-free water softener uses 3/4" FNPT Stainless Steel threaded, the softened water with no added sodium...
- ¡ïThe soften media are made from fruits polysaccharide and coconut activated carbon. It's healthier without...
- Aquasana SimplySoft naturally conditions your water to reduce scaly build up without adding sodium
- The EQ-SS20 is a stand alone softener or an upgrade to your existing whole house filter system
How to choose a water softener without salt?
First, you have to decide between a salt-free water softener that runs on CO2 or electromagnetic operation. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages: no overconsumption of water, long-term curative effect, gradual descaling of limestone, antibacterial, the minerality of preserved water, etc.
Disadvantages: an installation by professionals, regular maintenance, cost of maintenance, not suitable for lead installations.
Advantages: easy to install, 100% ecological, no maintenance, very little maintenance, no overconsumption of water, the taste of unaltered water, etc.
Disadvantages: does not eliminate scale, no anticorrosive effect, no antibacterial.
The price of a water softener is certainly a criterion to take into account. It takes, on average, about 400 euros for electromagnetic devices, and about 2000 euros for those running on CO2, without the installation of the device by professionals.
The capacity of the water softener
The capacity of the water softener is expressed in liters and varies according to the number of people present in the home, the water consumption and the hardness of the water expressed in TH.
For example, a 10-liter water softener is suitable for 2 people, if the TH test reveals a hardness of water between 40 and 50 ° F; at 4 people for a TH of 20 to 25 ° F.
A water softener of 15 liters will suit 3 people for a TH between 40 and 50 ° F; 4 people for TH 30 to 35 ° F; 5 or 6 people for TH between 20 and 25 ° F.
Advantages of a water softener without salt
It is better to lean for salt-free softeners because they do not contain resin, and the resin is a very difficult component to recycle. Salt-free water softeners are therefore more environmentally friendly compared to those containing salt, especially since they do not use any other chemicals.
Preservation of water
Water softeners without salt also have other advantages: since they do not contain salt, they also preserve the minerals that are present in the water, which is not the case for salt softeners.
In addition, treated water will not have a slightly salty taste that is present with water softeners that contain salt.
Salt-free water softeners also avoid too much water consumption, since there is no rinsing phase, as is the case with appliances that contain salt.
Salt-free appliances are very self-contained, which is not necessarily the case for those with salt, which require regular control of the salt level in the tank.
In addition, salt-free water softeners have a more modern and elegant design than salt-based softeners because they can be more compact, easier to handle, and more enjoyable to use.
On the maintenance side, the salt-free water softeners, which work with CO2, need to change the gas bottle from time to time. Those that operate with an electromagnetic field are even easier to maintain.
Disadvantages of a water softener without salt
Water softeners without salt also have some disadvantages. For example, this type of softener will not remove the scale that has been around for some time, especially in a pipe that is not brand new.
Similarly, the proliferation of bacteria is not regulated either if the system is not recent. It is best to first clean and then installs the water softener.