Fibromyalgia, also known as fibromyalgia syndrome and fibrositis, is a common form of nonarticular rheumatism that is associated with chronic, widespread musculoskeletal pain, generalized tender joints, fatigue, and a long list of wide-ranging symptoms, such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), headaches, and depression. Fibromyalgia is a complex illness to diagnose and treat, as it is idiopathic, and its symptoms may be part of or overlap with other diseases.
For this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists defined fibromyalgia using the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9) code for fibromyalgia (729.1) and the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) code for fibromyalgia (M79.7). GlobalData epidemiologists used country-specific studies that provided the total prevalence of fibromyalgia using the 2010 American College of Rheumatology (ACR) classification criteria for this epidemiological forecast.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/epicast-report-fibromyalgia-epidemiology-forecast-to-2023
In 2013, there were 23,663,533 total prevalent cases of fibromyalgia in the 7MM. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases in the 7MM will increase to 24,881,838 by 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.51%. All markets, except for Germany and Japan, will see a small increase in the number of cases at varying AGRs. Since GlobalData epidemiologists held the prevalence constant throughout the forecast period, the differences observed in the total prevalent cases of fibromyalgia in the 7MM are driven by changes in the underlying population dynamics of each market.
In the 7MM, fibromyalgia epidemiological studies have shown that women have a higher total prevalence of fibromyalgia compared with men. When the 1990 ACR criteria were used to define fibromyalgia, a majority of patients with fibromyalgia were women due to the greater number of female body tender points. However, the 2010 ACR criteria are entirely symptom-based, do not require tender point counts, and provide a more accurate sex distribution of total prevalent cases of fibromyalgia (Wolfe et al., 2011). Additional studies are needed to clarify the etiology of the association between sex and fibromyalgia.
– The Fibromyalgia EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, global, and historical trends of fibromyalgia in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast of fibromyalgia total prevalent cases segmented by age (in five-year increments for all ages), sex, and pain severity (mild, moderate, and severe) in these seven markets.
– The fibromyalgia epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/petrochemicals-market
Reasons to buy
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global fibromyalgia market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global fibromyalgia market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for fibromyalgia therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Identify the percentage of fibromyalgia total prevalent cases by severity.
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662