Genital herpes is a chronic, sexually transmitted infection caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV) and is the primary cause of genital ulcers. Genital herpes can also be vertically transmitted from a mother to her newborn during birth, leading to a high risk of mortality in infants. HSV has two forms: HSV-1 and HSV-2. The majority of genital herpes cases globally are caused by HSV-2, although approximately half of all new cases in developed countries are caused by HSV-1. Most cases of genital herpes are asymptomatic, leading to the diagnosed prevalence being substantially lower than that of the total prevalence. The symptomatic cases of genital herpes are typically characterized by painful blisters on the genitals and surrounding areas, which normally present between four and seven days after sexual contact with another infected individual.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/epicast-report-genital-herpes-epidemiology-forecast-to-2023
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of genital herpes in the 7MM from 405,319 in 2013 to 448,525 diagnosed incident cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.07% during the forecast period. The distribution of diagnosed incident cases of genital herpes in the 7MM was lower in men (153,129 cases, 37.78% in 2013) than it was in women (252,190 cases, 62.22% in 2013). The diagnosed prevalent cases of HSV-1 only genital herpes, HSV-2 only genital herpes, and HSV-1 and HSV-2 co-infection genital herpes increased from 2013 to 2023 in the 7MM, with respective AGRs of 0.53%, 0.71%, and 0.74%. In all the markets, the diagnosed prevalent cases of genital herpes increased with age, which is reflective of the lifetime infection characteristic of the disease.
GlobalDatas epidemiological forecasts for the diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of genital herpes are supported by age- and sex-specific data obtained from country-specific studies published in peer-reviewed journals, in which the study populations were representative of the general population in the respective markets. The forecast provides the sex-specific diagnosed incident cases of genital herpes in each of the 7MM and the diagnosed prevalent cases of genital herpes segmented by strain type (HSV-1, HSV-2, and the co-infection of HSV-1 and HSV-2), which facilitate an in-depth understanding of the epidemiological trends and informs strategies to improve the management of the disease.
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/energy-alternative-sources-market
– The Genital Herpes EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for genital herpes in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of genital herpes, segmented by strain (HSV-1 and HSV-2) for ages =18 years, and the diagnosed prevalent cases of HSV-1 only genital herpes, HSV-2 only genital herpes, and genital herpes caused by the co-infection of both HSV-1 and HSV-2, segmented by sex for ages =18 years.
– The Genital Herpes epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Genital Herpes EpiCast series will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global genital herpes market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global genital herpes market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for genital herpes therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662