More than 50% of prescriptions is written for people aged 65 years and older. Many older people suffer from comorbid conditions and one in three takes at least five drugs or more on a daily basis. This significantly increases the risk of Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) and hospitalization. Up to one third of emergency admissions in elderly people is drug-related.
There remains a lack of clinical data to support prescription decisions as relatively few medicines have been clinically evaluated in age-appropriate patients. In addition, many drugs are not available in formulations that are suitable for the elderly, leading to non-compliance and lack of therapeutic efficacy. In 2011, the EMA introduced its Geriatric Medicines Strategy to ensure that the medical requirements of older people are identified earlier in the drug development process. In 2012, the ICH E7 guidelines were revised to include a greater focus on involving more geriatric patients in drug trials.
Browse Here For Full Report With ToC : http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/geriatric-medicine-development-market
- Reviews the current regulatory landscape and helps sponsors to understand the potential impact of recent guidelines.
- Assesses the barriers to entry in geriatric medicines and identifies potential ways to overcome them and improve clinical decision making.
- Evaluates the importance of establishing Target Quality Product Profiles (TQPP) to help sponsors determine the target patient population earlier on in drug development.
- Identifies treatment gaps and commercial opportunities based on primary care real-time data and KOL insights.
- Analyses different strategies to develop age-appropriate medicines in niche therapeutic fields and discusses methods to encourage the smarter prescription of medicines.
Click Here For Same Category Reports : www.acutemarketreports.com/category/pharmaceutical-market
Key Reasons to Purchase
- Utilize the insights from this study to analyze the barriers facing the geriatrics market
- Understand the impact of drug development in this market now and in the future
- Find out why regulators are paying more attention to unnecessary “exclusion criteria” and encouraging the inclusion of older people to ensure trials are age-appropriate and more representative of the real world setting.
- Assess the opportunities available for companies to develop age-appropriate dosages and formulations for existing drug classes that are currently widely associated with ADEs in the elderly as well as new therapeutic prospects.
Fro More Information Visit : Acute Market Reports
Request For Free Sample of This report : www.acutemarketreports.com/request-free-sample/35486
About Us :
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products,establishments and trends. Our database consists of 200,000+ market research report s with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (INDIA): +91 7755981103
Website: Acute Market Reports