Glaucoma is a common, asymptomatic group of eye diseases that causes damage to the eyes optic nerve, resulting in progressive, irreversible vision loss. Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide, especially in elderly people. Glaucoma is generally categorized as open-angle glaucoma (OAG), angle-closure glaucoma (ACG), secondary glaucoma, and congenital glaucoma. Other less common types of glaucoma include normal-tension glaucoma (NTG), pseudoexfoliation glaucoma, and pigmentary glaucoma (NEI, 2014b). Although there are many types of glaucoma, the two most important types are OAG and ACG, with OAG accounting for about 80-90% of all glaucoma cases (Mayo Clinic, 2014). OAG and ACG can be primary (primary open-angle glaucoma [POAG] and primary angle-closure glaucoma [PACG], respectively) or secondary, depending on the cause.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/epicast-report-glaucoma-epidemiology-forecast-to-2023
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of glaucoma in the 7MM will grow by 14.60% over the next decade, from 13,748,430 total prevalent cases in 2013 to 15,761,674 total prevalent cases in 2023, with almost 60% of the total prevalent cases occurring in the US and Japan together.
The increase in the number of total prevalent cases of glaucoma in the 7MM can be attributed to changing population demographics in the respective markets. However, further epidemiological research is warranted given that there is a paucity of national and international data evaluating the prevalence and trends of glaucoma worldwide. There is also a need to clearly demarcate the glaucoma population in each clinical type, as currently available epidemiological literature fails to clearly demarcate different glaucoma populations.
– The Glaucoma EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of glaucoma in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast of total prevalent cases of glaucoma segmented by age (in five-year increments beginning at age 40), sex, clinical type (POAG, PACG, secondary glaucoma, and congenital glaucoma the total prevalent cases of NTG, which is a sub-type of OAG; and the diagnosed prevalent cases of POAG and PACG in these markets.
– The glaucoma epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/power-market
Reasons to buy
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global glaucoma market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for glaucoma therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Identify the percentage of glaucoma prevalent cases by clinical type.
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662