Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD) are rare progressive muscle wasting disorders.
Global Data epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD (all ages) in the 6MM will increase from 17,675 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 17,712 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.02%. The 6MM had an estimated 6,076 diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD for ages 5-13 years in 2013, and the number of diagnosed prevalent cases is expected to increase to 6,250 by 2023, at an AGR of 0.29%. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD with nonsense mutations (all ages) in the 6MM will increase from 2,260 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 2,264 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an AGR of 0.02%.
Browse Full Report with Toc Visit: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/epicast-report-duchenne-muscular-dystrophy-epidemiology-forecast-to-2023
Global Data epidemiologists used the best available data from peer-reviewed journal articles and national DMD mutation databases to arrive at a meaningful and in-depth analysis of the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and BMD for men in the 6MM based on: a confirmed deletion, duplication, or point mutation in the DMD gene; reduced or absent dystrophin immunolabeling; or cases fulfilling “definite” or “probable” criteria of the Muscular Dystrophy Surveillance Tracking and Research Network (MD STARnet). For all the 6MM, the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and BMD were segmented by age, which facilitates an understanding of the distribution of the disease within the population, and informs strategies to improve the management of the disease.
The diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD in each of the 6MM were further segmented by therapeutically significant populations including the applicability of exon skipping therapies (exons 51, 45, 53, and 44), nonsense mutations, and cases ages 5-13 years in these markets.
Browse All Reports Of This Category: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/diseases-and-conditions-market
- The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for DMD in the six major markets (6MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD) in men, segmented by age (in 10-year age groups beginning at 0 years and ending at =40 years for cases of DMD with a special focus on the subgroup of ages 5-13 years, and in 15-year age groups beginning at 0 years and ending at =75 years for cases of BMD) in these markets. Additionally, the diagnosed prevalent cases of DMD (all ages) are further segmented by the applicability of exon skipping therapies (exons 51, 45, 53, and 44) and nonsense mutations.
- The DMD epidemiology report is written and developed by Mastersand PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DMD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global DMD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for DMD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Download Free Request Sample: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/checkout/48487
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Catalyst 10
2.2 Related Reports 11
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 11
3 Epidemiology 12
3.1 Disease Background 12
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 13
3.3 Global Trends 14
3.4 Forecast Methodology 16
3.4.1 Sources Used 21
3.4.2 Sources Not Used 23
3.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 24
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for DMD (2013-2023) 29
3.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD (All Ages) 29
3.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD (Ages 5-13 Years) 31
3.5.3 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD (All Ages) 32
3.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence of DMD 34
3.6 Epidemiological Forecast for Nonsense Mutations in DMD (2013-2023) 35
3.7 Epidemiological Forecast for the Applicability of Exon Skipping Therapies in DMD (2013-2023) 37
3.7.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD Eligible for an Exon 51 Skipping Therapy (All Ages) 37
3.7.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD Eligible for an Exon 45 Skipping Therapy (All Ages) 38
3.7.3 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD Eligible for an Exon 53 Skipping Therapy (All Ages) 40
3.7.4 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DMD Eligible for an Exon 44 Skipping Therapy (All Ages) 41
3.8 Epidemiological Forecast for BMD (2013-2023) 43
3.8.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of BMD (All Ages) 43
3.8.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of BMD (All Ages) 44
3.8.3 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence of BMD 46
3.9 Discussion 47
3.9.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 47
3.9.2 Limitations of the Analysis 48
3.9.3 Strengths of the Analysis 49
Browse All Reports Of This Publisher: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/publisher/globaldata
Acute Market Reports:
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Our database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 101, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner,
Pune, MH, 411045
Toll Free(US/CANADA): +1-855-455-8662
India: +91 7755981103