In the 2014 base year, the global PAD market was worth approximately $543.4m, including both branded and generic drugs. By 2024, GlobalData expects that the global PAD market will experience significant expansion, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of approximately 4.15%, equating to around $816.3m. The dramatic increase in the value of the overall global PAD therapeutics market will be partly attributable to the launch of several PAD drugs currently in late-stage pipeline development, which GlobalData believes have extraordinary potential. These include the novel antithrombotic pharmacological agents, Merck & Co.s Zontivity (vorapaxar), AstraZenecas Brilinta (ticagrelor), and Bayer and Janssens (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson) Xarelto (rivaroxaban), which have the capacity to reform the antiplatelet and anticoagulatory PAD treatment landscape.
GlobalData believes that the size of the market for pharmacological agents designed to alleviate PAD symptoms, including cilostazol, naftidrofuryl, and pentoxifylline, will diminish throughout the forecast period. GlobalData accredits this diminishing to three factors: first, the advent of advanced revascularization procedures, as characterized by gradual, incremental improvements in success rates over time; second, the fact that current drug treatments, such as the ones mentioned above, display lackluster efficacy, perturbing safety attributes, and inconvenient dosing regimens; and third, the lack of novel, superior, premium-priced, drug therapies in the late stages of the PAD pipeline that could encroach on the patient shares of existing, rival pharmacological treatments.
The overall level of unmet need in the PAD market is high, resulting in a generous amount of room for new entrants to capitalize on. With respect to the first three traditional pillars of PAD treatment – antithrombotic pharmacological agents, lipid-lowering medical therapies, and antihypertensive drugs – the level of unmet need will fall once the current crop of late-phase PAD therapies portrayed in this report arrives onto the market. With respect to drugs that allay the symptoms of PAD, the level of unmet need here is astronomical. Present medical treatments are limited, archaic, and some have restricted availability.
Key Questions Answered
– From a clinical standpoint, there is a demand for novel medical therapies that target and relieve the symptoms of PAD in IC and CLI patients. KOLs interviewed by GlobalData expressed a desire for second-generation drug treatments that display superior efficacy and favorable safety profiles compared to existing pharmacological. Environmental unmet needs for this particular indication include physician education, patient awareness, greater screening, and improved guidelines. What other unmet needs exist in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the PAD market?
– The current late-stage PAD pipeline encompasses AstraZenecas Brillinta, Bayer/Janssens Xarelto and Mercks Zontivity. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the PAD market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/healthcare-market
– The major drivers of this expansion in the PAD market will be the advent of novel antithrombotic agents, such as Brilinta and Xarelto, onto the PAD stage, and the increasing prevalence of PAD across all of the 8MM.
– The major global barrier to growth in the PAD market will be the losses of patent protection and market exclusivity on marketed and key pipeline drugs during the forecast period, such as AstraZenecas Crestor (rosuvastatin), Sanofis Plavix (clopidogrel), Brilinta, and Xarelto.
– The overall level of unmet need in the PAD market is high, resulting in a generous amount of room for new entrants to capitalize on. GlobalData forecasts that once Brilinta and Xarelto, pipeline pharmacological agents currently in late-stage clinical trials for PAD, navigate their way through the regulatory landscape and secure approval for the PAD indication, they will address some of the unmet needs in this area.
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662