Originally discovered by Glenny in the 1920s, vaccine adjuvants have remained the pharmaceutical industrys dirty little secret. Today, vaccine adjuvants are credited with helping to bolster the immune response in the host post-vaccination. Recently, second-generation adjuvants have come under scrutiny after reports that the adjuvant used in certain pandemic influenza vaccines was linked to causing narcolepsy in Swedish and British adults.
View More Information: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/pharmafocus-vaccine-adjuvants-in-infectious-disease
Such reports, compounded by the general mistrust of adjuvants, have resulted in these vital vaccine components becoming the scapegoat of the vaccine industry. However, immunologists and infectious disease specialists are in agreement over the beneficial uses of adjuvants in vaccines today, especially as a means to reduce the number of doses, increase the likelihood of a sustained immunological response and decrease the overall incidence of disease.
- Overview of vaccine adjuvants, including the host immune system, host cell targets, descriptions of different adjuvant classes and regulatory guidelines to seek approval for adjuvanted vaccines.
- Key topics covered include vaccines and the host immune response, adjuvant targets, and current adjuvant options (first and second generation) for the vaccine adjuvant market.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the vaccine adjuvant market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges.
- Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Browse All Reports Of This Category: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/healthcare-market
Reasons to buy:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global vaccine adjuvant market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global vaccine adjuvant market in future.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 8
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Catalyst 10
Download Free Request Sample: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/checkout/48490
3 Vaccines and the Host Immune Response 11
3.1 Vaccines in Infectious Disease 11
3.2 Host Immune Response 12
3.2.1 Primary Barriers Against Infection 12
3.2.2 Innate Immune System 13
3.2.3 Adaptive Immune System 15
3.3 Vaccine Adjuvants 18
3.3.1 Overview 18
3.3.2 Adjuvant Target: Dendritic Cells 19
3.3.3 Adjuvant Target: Toll-Like Receptors 22
3.3.4 Splenic Involvement in Immune Response 25
3.3.5 Antigen-Depot Effect 25
4 Market Drivers and Barriers 27
4.1 Overview 27
4.2 Drivers 28
4.2.1 Driver: Government initiatives to increase vaccination programs 28
4.2.2 Driver: New routes of administration for vaccines 29
4.2.3 Driver: Rapidly mutating pathogens 29
4.2.4 Driver: Recombinant vaccine technology 30
4.2.5 Driver: Increased research efforts against unvaccinated disease 30
4.3 Barriers 31
4.3.1 Barrier: Decreasing or stagnant vaccination rates 31
4.3.2 Barrier: Increasing vaccine prices 32
4.3.3 Barrier: Public opinion of vaccine and adjuvants 33
5 Current Adjuvant Options 34
5.1 Overview 34
5.2 Product Profiles Major Adjuvant Classes 37
5.2.1 Aluminum Salts (Alum) 37
5.2.2 Emulsions 40
5.2.3 Particulate Delivery Mechanisms 43
5.2.4 Microbial Derivatives 46
5.2.5 Oligonucleotides 49
5.2.6 Adjuvant Systems 52
6 Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis 56
6.1 Overview 56
6.2 Unmet Needs Analysis 57
6.2.1 Adjuvant Safety 57
6.2.2 DC Recognition 57
6.2.3 Appropriate TLR Activation 58
6.2.4 Formulation and Dosing 58
6.3 Opportunity Analysis 60
6.3.1 Novel Routes of Administration and Splenic Involvement 60
6.3.2 Combinatorial Adjuvant Systems 61
6.3.3 Limited Use of Antigen Depot 61
Browse All Reports Of This Publisher: http://www.acutemarketreports.com/publisher/globaldata
Acute Market Reports:
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Our database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Office No 101, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner,
Pune, MH, 411045
Toll Free(US/CANADA): +1-855-455-8662
India: +91 7755981103