GBI Research’s latest report, “”Innovation Tracking Factbook 2016 – An Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Pipeline”” is a comprehensive, granular analysis of the 20,756 products currently in the pharmaceutical industry pipeline, from the Discovery stage through to Pre-registration and split into therapy areas and key indications. This pipeline is also benchmarked against its size across each segment in 2015, and an assessment of the level of first-in-class innovation is provided. In addition, a detailed contextual analysis of the key drivers of this pipeline is provided, in addition to an assessment of companies present in the pipeline and historical deal value and volume.
Innovation, particularly the development of new products, is a crucial element of the pharmaceutical industry. The market is highly research-intensive, being deeply reliant on a high level of R&D investment and a strong product pipeline to maintain growth and ensure long-term revenue generation. Without successful innovation, which can be broadly defined as the market launch of novel therapeutic molecules that cost-effectively treat or cure diseases, the industry would face a substantial long-term decline in revenue.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/innovation-tracking-factbook-2016
A particular focus of this report is placed on analysis of the development of innovative drugs, specifically first-in-class innovation. Over recent decades, in addition to an increase in the yearly number of new chemical entity approvals by the FDA, the number and proportion of these approvals that were first-in-class at the time of approval have also increased. The proportion of first-in-class approvals has increased steadily each year since 1994, with the exception of the years 2005-2008, when the proportion was relatively high.
– What is the current size and composition of the pharmaceutical industry pipeline and how has it changed since Q1 2015? What can we learn from this?
– The largest therapy area, by a substantial margin, is oncology, and, with growth in the pipeline sizes for all major oncology indications since Q1 2015, this trend appears set to continue. Why is this the case?
– What is the overall advantage for companies including first-in-class product developments in their pipeline portfolio, rather than opting for better-characterized established molecular targets?
– What factors have been driving the increasing number of first-in-class product approvals over recent decades?
– What strategies have companies typically been pursuing with their pipeline portfolio, in terms of how diverse, specialized or innovative they have been? Specifically, what strategies have the top 25 pharmaceutical companies been following?
– What key discernible trends have appeared in the strategic consolidations landscape in the past decade and which disease areas have been most active?
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/ict-market
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
Blog URL – http://www.deepresearchreport.com/
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports