Ankle arthritis is a severe and debilitating problem with notable increasing prevalence in both the developed and developing world. In a society constantly seeking out a modern lifestyle, sports-related injuries, trauma, aging, and obesity are contributing to an increased incidence of ankle arthritis. Total ankle replacement (TAR) enables implantation of prosthesis within the diseased native ankle joint to help patients maintain their ankles range of motion. Promising results of newer generation prostheses revived interest in TAR and fueled further innovations in the prosthetic design. After decades of trial and error, TAR is now becoming a promising option for late-stage ankle arthritis patients as an alternative to ankle fusion, which has historically been presumed to be the gold-standard procedure. This report focuses on the TAR markets in the US. This report identifies unmet needs in the market, surgeon attitudes towards current TAR prostheses, and the future of TAR in the face of rapid technological advancement.
Browse full report with TOC @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/medipoint-total-ankle-replacement-us-analysis-and-market-forecasts
Early experience with TAR in the US was met with unacceptable failure and complication rates in the 1980s, such that the procedure was largely abandoned. In the past decade, newer generations of TAR prostheses with a more anatomical replication of the ankle joint demonstrated some encouraging early and medium-term clinical results. Meanwhile, long-term results following successful early ankle fusion have brought to light somewhat disappointing long-term satisfaction rates. TAR is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to ankle fusion lately, as professional and commercial interest intensifies and long-term effectiveness becomes available.
- An overview of Ankle arthritis, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized US TAR market revenue and future forecasts from 2009 to 2011, forecast for 7 years to 2018.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for TAR
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the TAR device sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) as well as oncologists
View all reports of this category @ http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/orthopedics-market
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements. Acute Market Reports provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade Acute Market Reports collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends. Acute Market Reports database consists of 200,000+ market research reports with detailed & minute market research.
For More Information Click Here – Acute Market Reports
Office No 01, 1st Floor,
Aditi Mall, Baner, Pune,
MH, 411045 India
Phone (India): +91 7755981103
Toll Free (US/Canada): +1-855-455-8662
LinkedIn URL: http://bit.ly/1N7OfRx